Categories ---------------------- (Click here for DOG house) > General Discussion

Hunter Ducati Owners Group AGM Results – Not What You Were Expecting!!!

(1/2) > >>

VinceS:
 Now that I have got the membership admin up to date for those wondering what the actual status of this club is it is as follows:

52 Doggies (who somewhere along the line have coughed up some dosh and have said they want to participate in rides / activities)

116 Puppies (who want to know about / participate in rides / activities at some level but haven't yet made an actual $ contribution)

9 Friends (who only want the "big picture" stuff and will get newslettery things, but not automated notices of rides / activities)

2 "Delete Me" (as moved on in life)

176 Total - not bad eh, aren't you glad you're part of such a good thing!!! (I am not counting a test account which is why it doesn't add up, and obviously the deletions have gone!)

I have also edited the previous post to change the post counts (as shown in purple) and what that now tells me is that 29 currently registered people have posted on the forum, plus those who have guest posted or since moved out of the area and asked to be removed. All up about 35, so how about some of the other silent 142 join in, we want to hear your opinions too!!!!

VinceS:
Extract from a Follow up Newsletter: It is great to be getting all the positive feedback from the AGM result notice email (below). I have realised things need to be set up just slightly differently to what I suggested so, the below is what I have now started to do. This comes from realising the meaning of the "Friend" category was not clear. Some people who have said "Friend" obviously meant exactly that, and I am sure some others actually meant what I am now calling "Puppy".

Let me first just say the bottom line short story is that this thing is totally voluntary. It is meant to improve our our sense of “being alive and enjoying life”, but it can only become what “we” make of it – not leave it up to “them”. It will become what you, I and others like us make of it. Of course I am an eternal optimist (having considered the alternative and I don’t like it!) so I KNOW it will be a beauty, and I also see there are a lot that think the same - at least in spirit, even if the flesh can’t always deliver! To give it the best chance of being a real success story the following is the level of "identity" I am putting "out there", and I hope this inclusive approach will make people feel comfortable and part of something good whilst retaining a semblance of sensibility, and therefore help the whole thing morph into something really fantastic over time, what do you reckon - are you up for it?

Ducatisti "Identity"
Friend: People that want to know what's going on but can't normally get along to events. (typically live too far away, or just can’t seem to get that restoration jobbie finished, saving up to buy a bike, are a fellow club that wants to keep tabs on our goings on, just waiting for the race track to happen, love admiring Ducati riders from afar (come closer!), etc, etc - about 1/4 of the people receiving this email).

Puppy: Ducatisti that are happy to tag along and play when they can and are good for a cheerful woof and a happy tail wag! No cost, no pressure, just get out when you can. (This would be a bit under half the people receiving this email).

Doggie: Ducatisti  that have been a puppy for a while, and the other Doggies love that you keep hanging around when you can. And somewhere along the line you have chipped in that $15 joining donation (again, a fair few - maybe about 1/4 of the people receiving this email).

Doggie Doer: Ducatisti that don't mind taking turns leading the pack or woofing out a "let's get out 'n do it" sometimes, and know how to put a bit of meat on the bone. (we know who you are, and love it when you put your paw in the air! At least this is anyone that has been on the Committee before).

Pack Leader: Ducatisti that don’t mind going the extra mile to ensure their fellow Doggies have a good time in the pack, and are sometimes called on to represent the Doggies to other pack leaders and the wider community. Don’t mind “going the extra mile” or sitting in the cold shivering if it means the pack gets first crack at some juicy new bones! (typically ex Presidents, and anybody else that it obviously is!).

Discussion Board Participation Scale
The following was originally set up to show (by relative size of breed) how much a person has participated in the Discussion Forum by Post Count. It might be a bit wanky and maybe should be deleted, or is just a bit of amusing kitsch and is fine – what do you reckon?
Breed           Stars      Posts
Chihuahua         *          1+
Fox Terrier       **         5+
Cattle Dog        ***       30+
Labrador          ****      50+
Dalmatian         *****    100+
Great Dane        ******   150+
English Mastiff   *******  300+

I will also just say out loud that one constant through the whole HunterDOGs adventure is that there have been “no dickheads” – not now, not ever. Just good people participating when they can with what / when they have available and with whomsoever is similarly inclined at the time. This would be a rare thing in “club world”, but something about what we have set up here or where we live has got this outcome, here’s hoping it remains! Even the big capitol city clubs are a long way from getting this stuff right (with due recognition of some isolated pockets of excellence and really decent human beings sprinkled throughout). But maybe right here in the Hunter, the best place on earth, between us we WILL find that elusive recipe for a really smicko social motorcycling club, are you "in".......?

Brian Mowle:
   Friend!

TopDOG:
keep me in i love still being involved in something we started together even though i dont think i can ever ride again unless warren wally lee puts it to ducati to build me the first ducati 1198 can am spyder style bike for me to ride the country promoting for frasers ducati!!! :P

JBB:
Hi Vince,

I am in for the occasional social ride,  if it is fine sunday I will be there and it will probably my last for a few months. Have a previous engagement with orthopaedic surgeon three weeks today!!

My preference is to maintain this format of emails posts ect, I do NOT have a facebook account and have no intention of getting one.

Cheers

JBB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version