Author Topic: 900SS Vinyl Lifting Off Seat Foam, How to Fix?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
900SS Vinyl Lifting Off Seat Foam, How to Fix?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2011, 11:53 PM »
I received the following query from Des and I haven't personally encountered this situation. Usually I find the vinyl cracks and peels, which can be fixed by canvas tape for long periods before finally finding an upholsterer to do the job properly. But simply coming unglued which I guess means there is a loose bit that hasn't split well I would be thinking of making a small cut and injecting some decent contact cement in there and working it around. But there is no guarantee this would work and maybe Des would be better off ringing around to find an upholsterer that has an answer for this situation. Here is the q, what do you think?

Hi!  HunterDogs, I have a 900 ss Ducati 2000 model, with the rubber vinyl seat cover lifting,  off the foam, through age or heat from the sun, the glue between the foam and vinyl is slowly separating , the vinyl still looks new, is there a fix for this? eg., any auto trimmers on the coast, what,s the best way to go about it, has anyone come across their seats  cover, lifting? This is the second seat on my Ducati that’s lifted , the first was replaced on warranty. Any info., much appreciated............des. 

Please either reply here or give Des any tips you might have via email to desn at aapt dot net dot au.
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which part of a Ducati is a Desmoquatro? (m...r):
An idling 1098S that does 0-100km/hr in 3.2secs is travelling at how many km/hr?:
What are the two letters following the engine size in the legendary Ducati 900SS?: