Author Topic: A Little Bit of Italy in Broke  (Read 1731 times)

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
Re: A Little Bit of Italy in Broke
« Reply #11 on: 08 Apr 2018, 07:08 PM »
Now they're two classy rides Vtwin powered by your two legs in a V formation  \O/
                                                                                                                   I
                                                                                                                  / \
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower

Offline Colinoz

• Doggie
« Reply #10 on: 07 Apr 2018, 10:50 PM »
G'day,
Any starters?
We have a dozen cars going, maybe 2 Ducs.
Entry road should be ok.

Ciao, Col.

Offline Colinoz

• Doggie
« Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2018, 02:05 AM »
G'day Doggies, Hoping that some of you can join us, the CIAO Club, on our 5th visit to this event at the Catherine Vale Winery. Please contact Warren Buckingham on 0428 938 338 of your attendance in case we have to do some creative parking. Other clubs have been invited. Further info on the attached calendar & CVW flyers. Usually, the in-road is dusty, but the last couple of days may make it slippery. Family vehicles will be parked up the far end - at least, not in the general parking lot. Some nice Italian bikes most welcome. Name tags for easy introductions are a great help. Cordiali saluti, Col. 

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
This good-karma annual event has been kicking on for 13 years now - even got its own website at www.italyinbroke.com.au now.

Since it is a worthwhile annual tradition, I have merged previous topics on this event and turned this year's official very beautiful but somewhat hard to handle (how typically Italian!) 24 page program document into something a little easier to read, see below, and see you there...?
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
I hadn't realised this event is on next weekend, see http://www.brokefordwich.com.au/index.php?page=italy for details. Info just in:

A LITTLE BIT of ITALY in BROKE. 

Catherine Vale Wines. Wendy Lawson came to the museum day especially to entice us to visit again. So, every vehicle will attract a free bottle of wine, &, most likely, the usual bag of sponsor's goodies, along with their wines at an attractive price. The roads in the area have been resurfaced all of the way from Wine Country Drive to Broke, & a new bridge has been constructed over the river in Broke. Milbrodale Road to the winery is still in good condition.

Meet at the Information Centre at Maitland from 9am & depart 9.45 for those who would like to convoy. Travel along the highway to Maitland Station roundabout, & turn left towards Kurri Kurri. Join onto the new expressway (M15) towards Branxton & take the off-ramp onto Allandale road/Lovedale road turning right into Wine Country Drive. Pass the airport & left onto the Broke road. Planning to arrive circa 10.30.

Further info for all events, please contact Col Goldie - Events Manager. 4987 2310
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Ever the organiser I have merged the topics to bring the info together. The website that has the details is http://www.brokefordwich.com.au/index.php?page=italy

I don't see any mention of Ducatis yet so obviously it is the fine food and song that is a dead cert, and anything else will depend on what is done in response to the invite that Frances originally received, see below. (That's FrancEs with an E if it is a hEr and an I for a hIm).

For posterity I have pasted the info below:

A Little Bit of Italy in Broke

10:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday & Sunday 9th & 10th April 2011

Where: Various venues around the Broke Fordwich Wine Region.

Enjoy all the FUN & GUSTO at the Hunter Valley's Italian Festival - a little bit of ITALY in BROKE!

This year sees the 4th 'A Llittle Bit of Italy in Broke' Italian Festival where visitors are encouraged to drop into any of the nine venues to sample a taste of "La Dolce Vita"

Your passport to travel, with map and info - available near the Broke Fire Station - will guide you around the participating venues in the area such as local cellar doors, olive groves and farm outlets where local wines, olives and other delights can be sampled. Visitors can even pick their own olives and visit other farm outlets. Selected venues will provide music and 'tasting plates' of Italian food for a small charge.

Start your Italian journey at the Benvenuto stand (welcome stand) adjacent to the Fire Station in the centre of the village of Broke. Pick up your passport, follow the trail to discover:

* Regional wines
    * Italian cuisine and cooking demonstrations
    * Olive picking and olive products
    * Bocce (Italian bowls)
    * Live music, market stalls and more
    * Saturday evening continues your Italian love affair with three local restaurants each hosting dinner with and Italian inspired menu & great wines. Buonappetito!

Three local restaurants will be hosting an Italian-themed Dinner on Saturday evening accompanied by live music. Booking essential for the dinners. Dinners hosted by Catherine Valey Wines, Margan Wines & Nightingale Wines - please contact them directly for further information and bookings.

FREE ENTRY to all the day-time activities

Dinners for the "A Little Bit of Italy in Broke" event will be held on April 10th at the following venues:

Catherine Vale Vineyard: 656 Milbrodale Road, Broke
Enjoy a feast prepared by ll Cacciatore with live music by the Caballeros as they seranade us through an Italian experience. 7:00P.M. FOR 7:30 P.M.
Bookings Essential 6579 1334

Margan Family Wines: 1238 Milbrodale Road, Broke
Wine and Dine under the stars in the Piazza at Margan Restaurant. Enjoy premium Italian wines both local and imported with classic Italian dishes from Margan Restaurant.
Dinner bookings 6579 1317

Nightingale Wines & Restaurant: 1239 Milbrodale Road, Broke
Dine a la carte with live music and accordian player. $60.00 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Bookings on 6579 1499

Contact Phil Thornton on 6579 1063 for further information

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
Re: A Little bit of Italy in Broke
« Reply #5 on: 09 Feb 2011, 08:19 AM »
 :D :D Hi all. A little bit of Italy in Broke is on the weekend of 9 & 10 April 2011 the organisers would like to display bikes on the Saturday so that the Italian car club can display their machines on the Sunday. Anyway check with the post that Francis posted last year on the event. I believe that she was going to contact the organisers this week to confirm more details.
      Cheers
      Neale ::) ::)

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2011, 12:36 PM »
Sounds interesting.

What are the details ?

. Date
. Time
. Location
. Costs
etc

Speak with you soon.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline s4916

• Puppy
« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2011, 03:01 PM »
Fran have just to Scott on the street fighter he is off that weekend & we will be attending .hope to see you all there

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
A Little bit of Italy in Broke
« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb 2011, 12:12 PM »
Hi guys,
            :D :DBoth Roz and myself are definatly interested in attending and displaying our bike ST2 at this event in April. We have had it marked on our calender for quite some time. It will be great to sample  the delights of Italian quesine as well as giving visitors a chance to drool over some fine Italian machinery. :-* :-*
          Till we see you all again,
           Keep it safe
           Neale   ;D ;D ;D

FrancesS

A Little Bit of Italy in Broke
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2010, 05:27 PM »
<a href="http://[size=16pt]HERE ARE THE DETAILS from the Organiser:&nbsp; &nbsp; Can you let me know if you are interested??? THANKS[/size]" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://[size=16pt]HERE ARE THE DETAILS from the Organiser:&nbsp; &nbsp; Can you let me know if you are interested??? THANKS[/size]</a>

The Italian event I was speaking of is called ?A Little Bit of Italy in Broke? It will be held on the second weekend in April the 9th and 10th in 2011.

I will attach our flyer that we produced for the event earlier this year and the Wine & Tourism Association who organize the event produce their own DL Flyers and a passport is produced for the event which has all the activities being organized over the 2 days. 

We were hoping that your group may be interested in coming on the Saturday (9TH).   Italian Car clubs have attended on the Sunday.  I would of course promote your attendance on our printed material and in media releases and advertisements.  At this point in time  I would only ask your group to attend.  It would be nice if you have some banner with your club name etc.  I would set aside an area for your group to set up a display so visitors to the event can have a look.

Things we could do:

?         Have a peoples? choice award

?         Provide some incentive to encourage your group to attend- You mentioned lunch. This would need to be discussed depending on numbers.  We used caterers  last year and would expect to do the same this year  and would not be in a position  to provide lunch  if the numbers were greater than 5 or 6. 

?         Provide an area for your display

?         Provide you with a list of activities at our venue

The event begins at 10:00 a.m. and finishes at 4 p.m. Would think that arrival sometime after 11 a.m. and stay for a couple of hours would be sufficient.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope that your group will consider attending the event in 2011 .  Once we know that you are attending we can work on the finer details which will also give me a little more time to organize the other activities held over the weekend. 

I look forward to hearing from you and please feel free to ask any questions. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which part of a Ducati is a Desmoquatro? (m...r):
What are the two letters following the engine size in the legendary Ducati 900SS?:
Name one thing starting with D that you would love to ride?: