Author Topic: Thunder Rally 2009  (Read 2365 times)

Paul Whittaker

Re: Thunder Rally 2009
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2009, 11:24 PM »
 ;) Hey NealeS, sounds like you had a real adventure, Lucky you were able to fix and keep on going.
Would have gone myself, shame it was so close to Moto GP can't do them all i guess, maybe next time.
It's good that it all worked out OK and you weren't hurt.

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
Thunder Rally 2009
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2009, 04:01 PM »
 :) :) Well guys we made it to the Thunder Rally this year. Both John and myself eventually made it to Sheeba Dam so as to show our participation in this great event. Although there was some mishaps on our route to the rally site. The first incident is that I had an off on the Merriwa to Willow Tree road :-[ , nothing spectacular just lost the front at about 40kph and slid a little down the road, a little bit of Aussie bush ingenuity and the beast was again rideable. the second happened about 15k after the off, my bike began to lack power, as if it was running out of fuel, with much searching for a loose connection or other obvious fault, which included totally removing and replacing the fairing on the side of the road we could not find the fault, so I nursed the bike at a slow speed as far as I could. We even got as far as the turn off to Nundle when I decided to go back to Wallabadah, here I removed the fuel tank and then extracted the fuel pump and filter from the tank. On doing this I found the fault, I had a split in the fuel line between the fuel pump and the fuel filter. I repaired the fault, replaced the fuel pump and replaced the fuel tank, a test ride confirmed that the fault had been fixed ;D. By this time it was 6.30pm so we set up camp by the river in Wallabadah, then this morning we decamped and made our way to Sheeba Dam, we arrived too late to claim any prizes ;), so we took a photo and headed home :) Cheers to all and stay upright NealeS

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which part of a Ducati is a Desmoquatro? (m...r):
How many valves in a 2 valve plus a 4 valve motor (one cylinder of each)?:
What colour is the Pirelli on a red Ducati?: