Author Topic: Philip Island GP 16-18 Oct 2009  (Read 2282 times)

Paul Whittaker

Re: Philip Island GP 16-18 Oct 2009
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2009, 02:35 PM »
 :) Well I can now say I have been to Moto GP at Phillip Island...  ::)

Yes I did it, rode my Ducati 1098s from Newcastle and return, now would i do it again  ??? properly not...  :D
2 days ride in pouring rain, just half hour out of Sydney, hate riding in the rain  :P

:( Didn't even make it to Sydney before being pulled up on the F3 for noise  ;D Terminology exhaust not factory  ::) Fender Eliminator number plate  :o not factory, hidin rear indicators in tail vents not factory  :o would nearly be about $1000 in fines and 3 points off licence, plus a day at RTA for noise test  :'( his advise was to turn around as NSW highway patrol are soft compared with Victoria cops, he said I'd be lucky if i make it out of Sydney, let alone in and out of Victoria  :-X

But I wouldn't be told, and I did make it from Sydney in and out of Victoria and home with out being stung again  ;D but I will admit I was stressed about  being done again, worried every time we saw a cop  :P so I think I will put back to Factory  ??? or not  ;D.

Never could be told  ;) alright camping, I did it, not my thing which now I know why  :P raining, blowing a Gail, stuck in a 2 man dome tent no power nothing to do,  :-\  camp ground was a swamp, muddy mess, my Duke now looks like I've been trail riding covered in mud, that sucks gunna take me a week to clean it...
The Ducati club grandstand was great with all the suss weather it was good to be able to watch the race and not worry about the rain and wind, sweet and the food was none stop only had to worry about my tea all other meals taken care of... :)

Got to meet the riders get some signatures and just have an awesome time  8)

Now riding a sports bike 3000 K's return takes it's toll on your bum ouch  :'( think next time I will fly and hire a car and also stay in a motel, No muddy, wet camp sites for me, now that sounds like a good idea  ;D

So proberly see you next year at the track  ;D

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Well we have just got back from our honeymoon which all went brilliantly well and will be the subject of other natterings at another time (depending on relevancy - which may be low as unfortunately no Ducatis were involved!!!)

Anyway I have now turned the phone on and found a message from Alex P who has ticket/s to Philip Island plus accommodation. Gawd knows what bad luck has caused him to can the trip but the one time the webmaster role is unattended for a few days happened to coincide with his hour of need. It hasn't helped him much that he has tried to register on the forum here last Wednesday, the day after we left (we need manual registration now due to the amount of spammers that try to sell their wares by registering on active forums, and we are talking thousands!). Then on Saturday Alex has left me a message - I think we were kayaking at the time, or was it snorkelling, dunno - but I knew we didn't need ringing up in the Whitsunday wilderness so the phone was OFF.

I don't know how many or if he still has them, but if you want to find out ring him on 4957 6672 and ask as I don't want to ring him this late in the night to check first. And I can only apologise to Alex that we have not been able to try and help out in a more timely way.
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Paul Whittaker

Re: Philip Island GP Oct 2009
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:50 AM »
 ;) yep, getting excited now...
weather up and down over the next few days which is bad for riding and camping  :-\
hope to get all good weather but going any way....

not sure if i have your mobile  ??? mine is 0411707536  ;D hope to catch up, staying trackside camping ground and have Ducati VIP grandstand ticket, other then that will be wondering around some where, catch you there  ;)

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2009, 09:35 PM »
G'day Paul,

Mate we fly out lunchtime Friday, and will be at the track, all bright and sparky ( as if I'm ever ), first thing on Saturday.

Text / PM me your phone contact and we'll catch up.

Ride safe.

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Paul Whittaker

« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2009, 11:14 PM »
 ;D   OK, it's nearly time....
Everyone's gotta pray for sun shine cause i hate riding in the rain, so make it sunny...
Just about set and ready for my road trip to Phillip Island Moto GP, try ed the saddle bags on the 1098s, look daggy but needs some thing to carry my gear in so if it don't fit then I don't need it, I hope ???...
Leaving Tuesday arvo to meet up with some guy's in Sydney for an early start 7am Wednesday....

;) If your going then hope to see ya on the road or at the track ...

Paul Whittaker

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2009, 09:39 PM »
Yeah, cool  ;D
Have my ticket and paid for camp site at track side  :D, so excited now can't wait.
My first time for moto GP, normally do the V8 supercars at Indy in Queensland, decided on a change this year...
Ride my Ducati, camp at the track and party  ;D

Riding down with a guy and his mates i met on Sunday at the Ducati concourse day at Ryde in Sydney...

Offline IanM

• Doggie
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2009, 08:08 PM »
I'm going but driving down. staying at the hollywood hotel. If you havnt booked accomodation yet you had better hurry.

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2009, 07:56 PM »
I'm keen as mustard, but at this stage, it'll probably be fly /drive for me, as I transport the Royal Family, and The Minister for War and Finance.

I'll confirm details with you as we get closer.

Speak with you soon.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Paul Whittaker

Philip Island GP 16-18 Oct 2009
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2009, 08:49 PM »
 :) OK, it's getting close, Moto GP Philip Island, next month Oct 2009.....

??? Who's going...

;D What I want to know is, who's going and if you are, do you want to ride together....

Travel buddies  :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2009, 10:34 PM by VinceS »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Desmoquatros have how many valves per cylinder?:
How many valves in a 2 valve plus a 4 valve motor (one cylinder of each)?:
An idling 1098S that does 0-100km/hr in 3.2secs is travelling at how many km/hr?: