Author Topic: Track days motivation  (Read 4086 times)

Paul Whittaker

Re: Track days motivation
« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2009, 07:32 PM »

Yeah Chris, thanks for the link have seen them on ebay was thinking of buying a set just for a different look will see how the funds are....   ;D   was still going to try a track day just for kicks, take my time and not drop it  ;)

Hey Neal what is the pic you posted, just can't work it out i don't think  ??? looks like a photo taken while mobile of the road ahead  ??? riding your ducati on one of your trips....

Yeah this Sunday the 19th club ride day lets get the biggest ducati ride day ever  8) big turn out, let's make an effort  ;D  ;)
the more the merrier  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2009, 05:32 PM »
 :)Well guys I've done it and booked for the track-day 9 May. Am looking forward to a great day. Remember also guys that we have a club ride this Sunday 19 April. Hope to see a few of you there.
Chers and stay safe
Neale and Roz

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2009, 09:52 PM »
Okay, these are not fibreglass, but ABS plastic, just like the OEMs.  Lordy, it's cheap tho!  ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-1098-1098R-S-Tricolore-848-ABS-fairing-008-F_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a16Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem290307329287QQitemZ290307329287QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

That's just one example - there's plenty of other styles - just search for 1098 fairings on eBay.

Also, there's a guy in South Australia who's selling fibreglass track fairings for the 1098 for $650.  Plus postage, and you'd need to paint them.  I also think you need to get the fastners and screen, but they're readily available.

Anyhow - what's the chance of binning it?  Just stick in the white (C grade) group, and don't succumb to the red mist.  ;D
Ducati 848

Paul Whittaker

« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2009, 05:34 PM »
 ;D Hey Chris,

Love the photo, mad bastard, glad your ok,  bike looks not bad either.

mmmm makes me think might need to buy some race plastics before trying it  ???, wouldn't want to damage mine....

will see  ;D

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:44 AM »
 ;) Looking at the long range weather forecast it is supposed to be fine for the week leading up to as well as the week after May 9. Am having day surgery tomorrow :(  and intend to book my place on Friday :) for the track day.
Cheers
Neale S

Offline JBB

• Doggie
« Reply #9 on: 14 Apr 2009, 01:19 PM »
Hi Fellas,

I have booked track day for 9th may as previously discussed. Includes gear hire helmet, gloves, leathers and boots. Lets hope it does not rain

Cost $280

Track Day $209

Gear Hire $55

Lunch $16

Bargain.

Cheers

John

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
« Reply #8 on: 13 Apr 2009, 07:46 PM »
I'll check tomorrow with the guy who's organising it, and see what the go is.

They really are great days.  Now, having said that - if it's raining at all - even just a little bit - I'm not going!

That's because I went to Eastern Creek today...  Second session of the day, a spit of rain came across - just enough to make the track greasy.  I slowed down, just not quite enough, and had a minor spill on Turn 9.  Thankfully I've got track fairings, so they're easy to repair.  Apart from that - a bent footpeg and a bent brake lever.  I was looking at rearsets anyhow, and a new set of bling levers won't go astray. 

Here's a photo of me after the "off".  If you look carefully - I'm still smiling.    It wasn't too bad - I actually went out again later in the day.

Ducati 848

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
« Reply #7 on: 13 Apr 2009, 11:43 AM »
 :D Sounds like a good day. Put me down for the beginners section. Will need to hire full leathers though. any suggestions. Need to break 200K on the old ST2
Regards and stay on top of the black stuff.
NealeS ;D

Paul Whittaker

« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2009, 09:07 PM »
Yeah sounds wild  :o

Do they have a learners course or a beginners  group ,  ;D
Sounds like fun , put me down ... got some chicken strips to clean up  ;)
9 th of May it's a date.

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2009, 08:25 PM »
I tell ya Paul - one track day, and we'd sort your tyres out quick smart!  ;D

How about 9th of May?  Ducati Club of NSW is encouraging their members to do this date at Eastern Creek.  Wanna join them?  ;)
Ducati 848

Paul Whittaker

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2009, 10:18 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Yeah the Faith pic made me larf, chicken strips, still got mine a' Chris  ;D
Need to work on that ...

Paul

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
« Reply #3 on: 09 Apr 2009, 08:38 PM »
I like the "Faith" pic!  Gotta get rid of those chicken strips, folks!  ;D
Ducati 848

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Re: Track days motivation - a few more in the series
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2009, 08:06 PM »
Commitment is a personal favourite!
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Paul Whittaker

Track days motivation
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2009, 05:27 PM »
Hey Gang,

Motivation pic for Track Days  ;D

Made me Larf ....

Paul  8)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Surname of famous local MotoGP rider Casey (S....):
If you apply the Brembos from stationary how many seconds before you will stop again if the bike has a 0-100km/hr time of 3.2 secs and can stop in 4 secs?:
There is one i in Ducati, how many does "the typical rider" have?: