Author Topic: Club Ride - February 2009  (Read 1837 times)

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
Re: Ride this sunday 22/2
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2009, 05:05 AM »
It's times like these when I really need a second bike!  The weather looks like it should be better than last weekend, although I note that they've just changed it to "isolated showers and thunderstorms".

I'm doing a track day on Sat 21/2, and have the bike all prepped in track gear (race fairings on, all lights, plates, etc. off).  I won't get time unfortunately to "road" it before Sunday, so will have to miss this one.

I'm sure that there will be others who are up for a spin, though!  Take pics!

Chris
Ducati 848

Offline vince2

• Doggie
Ride this sunday 22/2
« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2009, 08:13 PM »
Hi

We are just wondering if the ride this Sunday 22/2 will be on weather permitting.

Vince and Cheryl 

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
Re: Club Ride - February 2009
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2009, 05:02 PM »
im sorry you folks did'nt get to ride up to a fantastic place to ride smith lakes but now im glad its been postponed even though i cant ride up with you all being in a wheelchair still and with no license even for a car due to having had a brain injury care of a telegraph pole  but once ive got a car license its still another year till im legally allowed to have a bike license :( but at least i can read about your exploits and look at the trip photos and sometimes come along by car and have lunch with you all 8) but until that day im relying on mrs topdog and our two puppy's to want to drive me ;D im even happy to go in someones panniers or rego tube!!!

cheers doggies hopefully i will be allowed to come to the next brekkie
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
Re: Club Ride - February 2009 - *** POSTPONED ***
« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2009, 03:14 PM »
G'day All,

Due to the continuing rain today, and the even wetter forecast for tomorrow, the ride set for tomorrow Sunday 15th February is postponed until the weather improves.

Who knows ?  If we're still keen, and the wether is kind, maybe next weekend will be better....?

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline NealeS

• Doggie
Re: Club Ride - February 2009
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2009, 04:27 PM »
We don't mind where you guys start from, just let me know by Friday afternoon. So that if I have to I can add an extra half hour to my morning trip. I try and not use the comput or on the weekends. All being equal we will be at the designated rendezvous. Stay Upright. Neale & Roz

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
Club Ride - February 2009
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2009, 01:38 PM »
G'day Everyone,

Club Ride this weekend is to Smith's Lake, which is way east of Bulahdelah, and in the right weather, a great spot for a ride.  Note that wind and rain ( which is the current forecast ) is not the right weather, but we'll see.

The route we usually take is via East Gresford, Dungog, Stroud, Booral, Bulahdelah and Bungwahl, with a delightful lunch at Smiths Lake. The return is usually via Booral & Raymond Terrace. giving you 215km out, and 133km back to Newcastle.  But if we have time it's not a bad ride back through the Myall Lakes National Park ( which includes a punt crossing ) from Buladelah and then down to Hawks Nest, Tea Gardens and home.

But, as usual, we can see how we feel on the day.

This could probably even be a Beresfield BP start.

What do you think ?
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
Club Ride - February 2009
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2009, 05:49 PM »
i would love to be driven in my chrysler to this ride but its upta me missus to give up her fun by drivin me so i wont be bugging her unfortunately but if she reads this and offers even better cheers guys and gals  :(
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower