Author Topic: PAUL SMART MAKES APPEARANCE AT DUCATI SYDNEY  (Read 1487 times)

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Re: PAUL SMART MAKES APPEARANCE AT DUCATI SYDNEY
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2006, 03:19 PM »
And a week later this was in from my brother in law in Qld, also a classic Ducati fan having ridden one for many years:

Thought you / club members might be interested in attached jpg. On the right is Paul Smart (72 Imola 200 winner) center Foggies bike used to good effect to lift his last WSB title, to the left is my new aussie mate Zeke a dyed in the wool biker.

Turns out Zeke is well into the bike racing scene and knows quite a few of the guys, he was a personal friend of Gregg Hansford, knows Kork Ballington (now runs a nut & bolt supply business just around the corner from us) and some of the younger ones like Chris Vermillion quite well, rented five doors up from Barry Sheene etc. so an interesting bloke to chat to. He runs a Honda 650 NTV built in panniers and topbox mainly for it's practability on a day to day basis but yurn's for a bit more stonk and street cred, dare I suggest a Duke?

The new Triumph Daytona sounds like a nice bit of kit but perhaps you think it is just goes one cylinder too far you Ducati person you. (...personal stuff)

Take care and safe riding
Malc   
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
PAUL SMART MAKES APPEARANCE AT DUCATI SYDNEY
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2006, 03:08 PM »
This in from NFI (the delay in posting is courtesy of me not thinking to put it here until doing some in box housekeeping, but it is still nice info and pictures):

The man behind the inspiration of one of the new sensational Ducati Sport Classic models, Paul Smart visited Ducati Sydney on Saturday 28th January, throughout the morning, to meet Ducati fans and in particular owners of the new Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition motorcycle.

Paul took time out of a personal holiday to visit the store, signing autographs on request and sharing tales of racing glory with Ducati enthusiasts who were on site.

Over 50 people gathered to meet the racing legend, arriving with assorted memorabilia to reminisce with Paul and collect his signature.  A number of Paul Smart 1000 LE owners attended, requesting Paul’s signature to grace their new models which have recently arrived in the country.

The highly sought after Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition is one of 3 models in the new Sport Classic model family and has been produced to celebrate the famous victory by the English rider and Ducati in the famous 200 mile race of Imola, Italy in 1972.

The SPORT CLASSIC model range is inspired from an era which represents the renaissance of Italian motorcycling – the 60’s and 70’s. It was an era when every detail, each component was an important as the overall impression of the complete motorcycle. From the luster of the visible engine case to the shape of the valve cover, every element was important in its individual form and in harmony with the total finished creation. These were motorcycles to race, motorcycles to ride, motorcycles to inspire.

Paul will also be appearing in Victoria at Ducati Melbourne.

DUCATI MELBOURNE on Saturday February 25th from approx 10.00am to 12.00pm.

Should you require any further images, please contact me, the images here displayed are also available in higher resolution.

Carrie Birch
DUCATI Marketing & PR Manager
NF Importers Pty Ltd
T: + 61 2 9748 7833
F: + 61 2 9748 3642
E: [email protected]
W: www.ducati.com.au

Ducati "Free Care" Service on 2005 Models until March 31st 2006, visit www.ducati.com.au for further information.

Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which country are Ducatis manufactured in?:
What colour is the Pirelli on a red Ducati?:
Name one thing starting with D that you would love to ride?: