Author Topic: Club Ride - December 2008  (Read 1178 times)

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
Re: Club Ride - December 2008
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2008, 09:31 PM »
We had a great ride!

A bit light on members, but understandable at this time of the year.  We made the mistake of heading from Freemans Waterhole back across the bottom of the lake to Catherine Hill Bay.  Nothing wrong with the venue - just that bit of road across is a bit shitty - single lane, 60/70/50 speed limits. :(

Anyhow, after a bit of a chin-wag at the pub there, we went south down the freeway, then turned in towards Yarramalong, then Wollombi (for another chin-wag at the pub there), then back towards Freemans, then home.

What a great day for riding, and gee, the roads through that section are not bad either!  We must pencil this route in for a ride in the new year.  Perhaps even through Wisemans Ferry - not too big a detour - particularly if we throw in a lunch somewhere.

Good catching up with Brett, Steve and Dale! 
Ducati 848

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
Club Ride - December 2008
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2008, 06:57 PM »
Yep, tomorrow.

I realise it says Club Ride and BBQ in the calendar, but ( excuse time ) I haven't organised the BBQ.

Weather should be Ok tomorrow ( actually quite cool for this time of year ), so how about we meet up at Freeman's and you guys come with a good suggestion for a destination. 

See when we booked this ride, I'd anticipated ridiculously hot weather and figured a trip around the lake / beaches may have pulled us up.  The plan was then to organise somewhere quite and cool for a snack.  I'm thinking that we still can do that, but it may be a pub.

Start putting the ideas together.

See you soon.

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi