Author Topic: DOCNSW BIG Day Out #2 - Track Day  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
Re: DOCNSW BIG Day Out #2 - Track Day
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2008, 03:03 PM »
Quick update from Warren at DOCNSW ;

"URGENT we need more riders otherwise the day will have to be canned.  If we do not get the 60 starters, we will not be able to hold the day, so if you want to come along please email me asap ?

WARREN HAYES
VP
[email protected] "
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline ChrisC

• Doggie
Re: DOCNSW BIG Day Out #2 - Track Day
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:00 PM »
The last one was a lot of fun, but closer, at Eastern Creek.

For anyone who hasn't yet done a track day, I'd HIGHLY recommend booking into this one at Wakefield.  Yes, it's further away, and you'll need to stay overnight the night before.

However, Wakefield is a GREAT little track.  The straights are shorter than Eastern Creek, and it's a fairly tight little circuit, but still with plenty of room for overtaking (or being overtaken), and it has nice wide run-off areas.

If you've never done a track day at all, I would book into the slow group, unless you've been riding for a number of years, and are a confident and fast road rider.

Note that they have a special category for older Ducatis - so don't be afraid to bring along your pride and joy!!!

I suggest that we keep talking about this one though, and that way we may be able to share trailers and whatnot for the trip down.  If you're even half-interested, perhaps reply to this post and register your interest.  Feel free to post questions about track days, accommodation, or anything else that pops into mind.

Now, I'm sending my email off tonight!!! 

Chris
Ducati 848

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
DOCNSW BIG Day Out #2 - Track Day
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2008, 12:02 PM »
DOCNSW BIG DAY OUT #2

14TH FEBRUARY 2009

It's on again - Ducati Owners Club NSW Big Day Out #2.  The Club is planning another Ducati-only track day following the success of the first one in August 2008.  This time the venue is Wakefield Park Raceway near Goulburn NSW.  There are only 60 places available - four groups of fifteen riders only per session.

Groups include:

• Slow Group
• Older Bike Group (for bevels and older belt drives)
• Medium Group
• Fast Group

The price includes:

• Accommodation for the Saturday night
• Wakefield Park Licence
• Track fees
• Saturday night dinner barbeque

Only $260

If you are interested, please send an email to [email protected] providing name, email address and phone number and type of Ducati you will be riding.  Be quick! There are only 60 places available and strictly for Ducati bikes only.

Regards

Warren Hayes V.P.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Surname of famous local MotoGP rider Casey (S....):
How many valves in a 2 valve plus a 4 valve motor (one cylinder of each)?:
An idling 1098S that does 0-100km/hr in 3.2secs is travelling at how many km/hr?: