Author Topic: Eastern Creek Track Day  (Read 1617 times)

spotcom

Re: Eastern Creek Track Day
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2008, 08:17 PM »
Okay, here's some more photos from the 17th of Aug: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157606921277891/

The fellow charges $15 for an A4 sized print, which is pretty good.  I don't have his email address (but he's posted up on the 1098 forum, here: http://www.1098-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12331&page=3  )

At least one there of you, Scott.  There's also some yellow bikes there too, Brian...  ;D

spotcom

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2008, 09:28 PM »
Yep, it was a great day, and I was totally shagged at the end of it!  :)

I didn't take the camera down, and left my mobile at home by mistake....

Anyhow, there was a guy there attached to DOCSNSW that took photos.  They can be found at http://www.actionphoto.com.au/

Enter the site, then click on General Public, then on the third link down on the right (yes, the one that says, "THESE ARE FOR SALE TO DUCATI RIDERS ONLY").

All proceeds from these photos go to a charity - can't recall which one though... spinal unit perhaps?

--- edit ---
Found one of me taken by a different guy at the track...  apparently he's going to load more from the day up onto a website for all to view soon.

BruceC

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2008, 07:59 PM »

Well what a day! Fantastic! If you get the chance to do a ride day then do it, you will not be disappointed!
 The day went very smoothly no major dramas,was the fastest st2  there ? I reckon those 1098,848 would go faster if they were yellow to! Was shagged at the end of the day, took Monday off to enjoy the post ride day  euphoria . All in all it was a great day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Good try Brian, next time tell everyone there was only one ST2 there on the day.

As far as "Yellow" is concerned I read in some forums that Ducati use yellow as an undercoat for their fast red models, better put yours back in for the top coat!

Offline Brian

• Doggie
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2008, 04:23 PM »

Well what a day! Fantastic! If you get the chance to do a ride day then do it, you will not be disappointed!
 The day went very smoothly no major dramas,was the fastest st2  there ? I reckon those 1098,848 would go faster if they were yellow to! Was shagged at the end of the day, took Monday off to enjoy the post ride day  euphoria . All in all it was a great day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2008, 10:57 PM »
This from Warren who organised it:

"The track day was a sucess because all of the work by the committee and Melissa.

And it's going to happen again in feb 2009 going to start working on it straight away.

going to try for a 100 riders this time.

WAZ
"

So, let's get an even bigger contingent together for Feb!

PS: I have two personal reports re the last one. Brian says "Great day, totally shagged at the end of it". Brett says "Great day, totally shagged at the end of it". Great minds obviously think alike!
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

BruceC

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2008, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for the report Scott, good to see the bikes came back in good order.

Any pictures of the day, I know Chris likes to take a snap or two !

Offline ScottM

• Doggie
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2008, 08:44 PM »
Went to Eastern Creeck last Sunday with Chris,(spotcom) FAB day, had previously ridden down, this time trailered bikes,no local club damage. Checked out very second hand 1098, must be hard to ride with one handlebar, little scare by Darren Lewis, new gearing means he has to go faster into corners, had a little tank slapper, didn't slow him on the race 848.The 848 in race trim was the best sounding bike there.

BruceC

Eastern Creek Track Day
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2008, 08:14 PM »
Things are a bit quiet on the forum at the moment, I was wondering how the track day went last weekend ?

Any slips, trips or falls to report or maybee  a picture or two would be great.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which country are Ducatis manufactured in?:
What is the 6th letter in Ducati?:
Name one thing starting with D that you would love to ride?: