Author Topic: Frasers Lifestyle Store Grand Opening Mass Ride Sat Nov 15 2008, You're Invited!  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
This looks like a bit of fun. 

I'm ( surprisingly / stupidly ) up for the'pre-saprrow's flight'. My office at he moment is in George Street, and that's around 1h:45m from my place, on a week day.  So if we're meeting on the north side somewhere for the Bridge ride, it shouldn't take long to get there at all,  and it may not need to be a sleep over.  However I reserve the right to recant any / all of this as we get closer and find out some other nationally advertised event of no significance to us is on at the same time.

I will say that Saturdays are often a pain in the arse, with all of the 'soccer mom / dad' local traffic that dawdles along the Pacific Highway, but we should be able to carve through that hopefully before most of them are out of bed.  The store would also only be about thirty minutes from the City ( even on a Saturday ), so that's also not a bad ride.

Remind me for the trip home, that there's a nice but of suburbia ( all too short I might add ), that we should travel through ( haven't done it on a bike ) to reduce the tedium of stop start, and it doesn't take us too far out of our way.

I'll add it to the Calendar.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
This sounds like a pretty neat shindig to get along to. The only hassle might be the start time, but it is November and the mornings should be warm enough. Oh, I have just realised it would be a stop-over in Sydney Fri night (or a pre-sparrows flight down the freeway) in order to make what I am guessing would be around a 7am start time. Maybe Paul has some ideas about that, so put it on your "maybe" list and we'll see what dwvelops. Here's the message:

Hi Vince,

On November 15 2008, Fraser Motorcycles Sydney will be holding the Grand Opening for the new multimillion dollar lifestyle concept store located on the Corner of Parramatta and Concord Roads, Concord.

This will also mark the 40th anniversary of Fraser Motorcycles as part of the Sydney motorcycle scene.

To celebrate, we are planning a televised Grand Opening ride and hoping to gather together the biggest number of motorcyclists (regardless of brand) to ride through Sydney, across the Harbour Bridge and meet at Sydney Olympic Park before riding together to the new Fraser Motorcycles Sydney. Once at the store, there will be an official opening and a welcome breakfast for all riders. We plan on arriving at the new store between 9 and 9.30am.

The Grand Opening ride will raise funds for the Freedom Wheels Program which is a part of the Technical Aid for the Disabled Charity group. The Freedom Wheels® modified bike program, gives many children with disabilities the opportunity to ride a pushbike for the first time, as the bike is customised to their needs. The bike gives the child the chance to move independently and join in with their family and friends.

While we are still putting plans together for the ride, we wanted to make Hunter DOGs aware of the event and we hope we can count on your support.

Retail General Manager, Paul Lewis is currently overseas for the 2009 Harley-Davidson model launch, however I know he is looking forward to speaking to you more about the ride on his return

Regards

Sheree Gover
Marketing Manager

Fraser Motorcycles Group
Harley-Davidson  -  Ducati  -  Honda  -  Yamaha  -  Buell
PO Box 4305
Homebush   NSW   2140
Direct Line:      +61 2 9701 8211
Fax:                 +61 28746 0987
Mobile:              +61 439 1098 38

FraserMotorcycles.com.au
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
If you apply the Brembos from stationary how many seconds before you will stop again if the bike has a 0-100km/hr time of 3.2 secs and can stop in 4 secs?:
Name one thing starting with D that you would love to ride?:
A Ducati's back wheel is usually driven by a c....: