Author Topic: Eastern Creek - NSWDOC Ride Day 17th August 2008  (Read 1830 times)

spotcom

Re: Eastern Creek -NSWDOC Ride Day 17th August 2008
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jun 2008, 07:52 PM »
Good to have a backup!  We should ask Roger to take a jerry can of fuel down as well. 

Hey - anyone doing the track day this Sunday (8 Jun)?  I'm heading down to EC - here's hoping the rain doesn't set in!

Offline ScottM

• Doggie
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jun 2008, 06:18 PM »
Heyya, Talked to Roger 1098s, he,s going on 17/8 with trailer, 3 bike, however 2 road bikes only fit, i'm ok to ride down, atleast there,s a trailer if there's a mishap. scottm

spotcom

« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2008, 06:51 PM »
That's what I've done on the last two track days.  A fairly early start...  and it's a long day.  However, it's do-able.   Having said that, there's quite a bit of time between now and the 17th of Aug!  Who knows what might turn up.

I'm doing a track day on the 848 next Sunday at EC, by the way.  If anyone's interested, shoot a reply here or PM me and I'll get back to you re details.

dave p

« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2008, 02:55 PM »
I've had a look for trailers for hire. Other than box trailers (which really wouldnt suit) there's nothing I can find.  Unless someone happens to own a trailer or a van I think I'll be riding down and back.

Dave

spotcom

« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2008, 09:43 PM »
How many bikes can fit into a trailer?  I'm going, and I know Scott's going as well (Multistrada).  The fuel's a good idea too.  I've done it twice now - filled up at the servo nearby just before the start of the day, and the fuel light's on at the end of the 4th session!  It gets thirsty when you give it a good paddlin'!

dave p

« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2008, 03:56 PM »
My cheque has been sent also.  Will check about a bike trailer and post info here.

Dave

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2008, 02:37 PM »
I'm in too ( hopefully ).

Sent the cheque down today.  I also think that the trailer's a good idea, or at least some sort of support vehicle that can carry fuel, bring home the bits and pieces etc.

We should develop that idea...

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

dave p

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2008, 08:30 AM »
Chris,

Thansk for this info, I was considering going before now but thought it was booked out - I will be going now I know there are places available.  If anyone has a spare space on a trailer I would be grateful for a lift - I can supply the car if required. 

I will hopefully be able to keep my laptimes over 2mins to avoid being upgraded!

Ducati being mispelled is surely a Honda backed conspiracy....

Dave

spotcom

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2008, 07:32 PM »
Howdy all

Some info about this ride day.  I talked with Melissa Jones at the D.o.c. NSW today.  Melissa told me that if we get a cheque to her for $170 each by the 31st of May (end of this week), we'll be guaranteed a spot.

The cheque must be made out to the Ducati Owners Club of NSW, for $170.00, and needs to include your name, and "Eastern Creek Track Day 17 Aug 2008" written on the back of the cheque.

Mail the cheque to

Ducati Owners Club of NSW
PO Box 124
Haberfield 2045

They've got enough riders to book out one grade entirely, and are on their way towards booking another grade.  Don't worry too much about the grading - if you're way too fast for the grade you've been booked into, they may be able to upgrade you!   ;D

So get in fast - it will be a hoot to have so many Ducatis out there on the one day!!!

Chris
PS - Why does the spell checker on this forum stumble over "Ducati"??   :-\

spotcom

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2008, 07:19 PM »
Hi.  I'd be interested in going down for the day.  I'm not sure, though - doesn't the below post say that it's full?   I guess we could book into one of the other groups - white (slow), or green (med-fast). 

I've done a couple in white - there's a bit of traffic to contend with, but once you get around them, it can still be great fun!

Offline Brian

• Doggie
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2008, 07:19 PM »

Any one interested in going down to the D.O.C.of NSW ride day? I will be taking the yellow beast down to have some fun! Sunday 17th August,same day as our club ride,as Brett said, well worth thinking about!
Would be great if we could have a group from our club go to the ride day! So make your mind up and lets do it?

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2008, 10:16 PM »
Latest from DOCNSW on their August 17 adventure ( same day as our club ride, so worth a thought );

Hi Alex and Brett just though I would shoot you these details of a track day we have organised at Eastern Creek Raceway on the 17th of August some of your members may want to come and we would welcomme them  as Ducati owners to join us so far we have over 60 starters for the day.
The Yellow group is already full and if we can fill the green group too we are going too as well , let your members know please and if anyone would like to come get them to email me .

Warren Hayes
Vice Prez of D.O.C of nsw

D.O.C of NSW TRACK DAY !!!
EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY
D.O.C OF NSW has organised a track day for members at
EASTERN CREEK International raceway on Sunday 17 of
August , this is a fun day no racing or lap times will apply.

The cost is $170 per rider which includes a light lunch

D.O.C will have it own pit garages with scrutineering in the
D.O.C garages and we are hoping to be able to provide some
tech support from a ducati dealer t.b.a.

The day consists of 6 20 minute sessions on the track

You do not have to be superfast or anything just come out
and enjoy yourself on a smooth clean surface with out cars
and other road users and you go home with a huge grin on
your face and be wanting more.

" As the saying goes from our club rides it is not a race "

If you are interested you need to email Warren on
[email protected] to secure a place and the
fee must be paid by the 30/06/2008  no later otherwise the
spot will be handed back to eastern creek ride days.

Everyone is welcomme no matter what the skill level is
or what sort of bike they ride , bikes must past scrutineering

For info on this go to www.easterncreekridedays.com.au

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" UPDATE ON THE DUCATI OWNERS CLUB TRACK DAY ON 17TH AUGUST 2008 "

Well guys it's full we have filled the entire yellow group for the Eastern creek ride day on 17/8/08 , which basically means that every bike on the track in the yellow group on that day will be a " DUCATI". We were overwelmed by emails requesting a spot, well done every body !!!

I am also happy to report that "DUCATI PENRITH" DON AND DALE and the guys will be there with us on the day to provide some technical support with chain adjustments and suspension adjustments  and some minor repairs if needed.

The gents from Ducati Penrith also do some racing and will help with some tips as well also our own Mark Whittfield from " Racing for MS " will be there on the Day and he hopes to bring along some of the B.E.A.R.S racers for tips also.

We will also have a film crew from the TVS TV show the ITALIAN GUIDE will be doing a story on the day of us at the track and maybe some of us will get our heads on the TV.

The Ducati Owners  Club will provide a Bar B Que for lunch on the day and some soft drinks and bottled water for riders and families and will have the club tent there.

Now for some important issues for the day:

1. On the day we will have many different levels of riders ranging from slow to very fast and all in between and D.O.C asks if you are one of the faster riders that you respect the slower riders and pass them safely without intimidating them in the process.

2. Any faster rider that may  have an issue with slow riders and think this maybe frustrating for them I can organise them to move up to the faster green or red group for the same cost but must realise that there will be other motorcycles besides Ducati's amongst them please email A.S.A.P if you wish to do this.

3. All motorcycles will have to be scrutineered on the day by eastern creek ride days staff but basically if your bike is on a roadworthy condition you should be right , tyres will be checked for wear so if your tyres are worn best replace them before the day for your own safety and the safety of other riders around you.
Oil leaks are an issue , your bike should not be leaking oil anywhere cause it will be knocked back.

4. All Riding gear must be Leather and a minium requirement is that 2 piece leathers must zip together at the waist and all leather should be in good condition. Leather gloves and motorcycle riding boots must be used ( no blunstone type work boots are acceptable ) Helments must also be in good condition all these conditions are for your own safety so please adhere to them.

5. D.O.C of Nsw  has organised this day for members however the rules and regulations are applied by the owners of Eastern creek  and  Eastern creek ride days management and if there is any issue with safety from them or the track marshalls  there decision is final , D.O.C . of NSW has no power to overturn such a decision.

6. Please be aware that this venue is a race track and you and other riders will be riding at high speed and the D.O.C of NSW does not accept any responsibility for injury to yourself or damage to your bike or gear.

7.Finally an important note that you motorcycle insurance will not apply if you are riding on a race track so please if you have a issue with this please contact me A.S.A.P.
No insurance company in Australia will provide you with this sort of insurance so please read though your policy before you do the track day so you know where you stand.

We are hoping on the day to have fun as a club and friends and hope that no body comes off at all and every one has fun a enjoys the experience.

please make cheques payable to Ducati owners club of NSW
                                              PO Box 124
                                              Haberfield NSW 2045

Please place a note with your cheque with your name and the phase track day 17/8

Warren Hayes
Vice President D.O.C of NSW

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Eastern Creek - NSWDOC Ride Day 17th August 2008
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2008, 11:05 PM »
A couple of the guys on last Sunday's club ride were planning to get down to the 26th April one, by the way. This was Ed and I think the other was Chris (spotcom) - but it wasn't me so I didn't pay much attention! Ed was talking about hiring a 3 bike trailer, not sure if there was a third taker in the slot.

This just came in today too, it would be worth considering given it will be a Ducati fest, and we will miscellaneously know many of the participants:

D.O.C of NSW TRACK DAY !!!
EASTERN CREEK RACEWAY

D.O.C OF NSW has organised a track day for members at EASTERN CREEK International raceway on Sunday 17 August

This is a fun day, no racing or lap times will apply. The cost is $170 per rider which includes a light lunch

D.O.C will have it own pit garages with scrutineering in the D.O.C garages and we are hoping to be able to provide some tech support from a Ducati dealer t.b.a.

The day consists of 6 x 20 minute sessions on the track

You do not have to be super fast or anything just come out and enjoy yourself on a smooth clean surface without cars and other road users.  You’ll go home with a huge grin on your face and be wanting more. " As the saying goes from our club rides it is not a race "

If you are interested, email Warren Hayes  [email protected] to secure a place.  The fee must be paid by the 30/06/2008.  After that the spot will be handed back to Eastern Creek Ride Days.

Everyone is welcome no matter what the skill level is or what sort of bike they ride but bikes must past scrutineering

For info on this go to www.easterncreekridedays.com.au

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2008, 11:50 AM by VinceS »
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which country are Ducatis manufactured in?:
Surname of famous local MotoGP rider Casey (S....):
What does the D in Hunter DOG stand for?: