Author Topic: Club Ride - February 2008  (Read 2650 times)

Offline jas

• Puppy
Re: Club Ride - February 2008
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:11 PM »
Missed out again  >:( , i"m there next ride day.. provided it is fine and sunny. ;)

Offline JulieS

• Puppy
« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2008, 07:21 PM »
Hi all. Brian, I must agree, it was a great day.Thanks to all for the good company.
Hey Jas, you were right about Edgy...that little pitter patter got heavier right after I posted the update but, as you could probably tell by the tone of my messages, I was determined to get on the bike and expected Mother Earth to send a little good luck my way - she delivered. I got a little wet on my way to Freemans but after that , it was mostly good.
                            Hope everyone has a  top week and I hope that there is more sunny weather very soon(especially for Jas).
                                                                                                                                                 ..............................Julie

Offline Brian

• Doggie
« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2008, 06:37 PM »
hello everyone.
 Well, we had a very enjoyable ride day! Nine members turned up and we made it to Gloucester before we meet  light showers, headed back down to Stroud Rd for lunch and a bit of a yak, nice to meet new faces,Neil,Ian and Melissa,be good to see them on more club days! Thanks to Julie for the weather updates which where spot on, Who now becomes our weather guru! and ye of little faith shame on you, Hope to see you all next time.

Regards Brian

Offline jas

• Puppy
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2008, 09:04 AM »
A shower or two says the weatherperson, its pouring at edgy! I was looking forward to this weekend, haven't had a day off in weeks!
 see you next time.

Offline JulieS

• Puppy
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:47 AM »
     There doesn't appear to be anybody watching,but I feel compelled to do it anyway...............................

UPDATE: Sunshine, a dispersing of the  clouds and.............a RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!
      The very light pitter patter on my roof shall not put me off(Tis just a last farewell  - twas predicted to be coastal anyway)

Bye............I'm off!
                                         Julie

Offline JulieS

• Puppy
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2008, 08:06 AM »
Well Hi Brian, and any others out there waiting for the weather to clear.I  just had an "Oh My God" reaction to my obligatory 'look out the window' weather forecast.....it looks well and truly set in. But then, I turned on my trusty(scrap that, not so trusty) computer , to find the ABC forecast to be "clearing showers, mainly sunny" etc...for north of Newcastle. So, what I'm hoping is that the rain clears sooooooon and the hint of blue sky becomes rapidly larger, with the sun shining so brightly , that the people who were hanging out for a ride, all come out of the woodwork and do the deed( maybe just a little later than planned)....bit optimistic perhaps.  But then, as I type....the rain has STOPPED.......and I hear BIRDS(always a good sign) and I look out my window...............but, it's still bloody GREY!
              Well, even though I don't expect that other people will be doing the same, I will be looking for the first real signs of good weatheR and I will head out on a ride, if there is enough day left to enjoy it. If there are any other desperates out there, my mobile will be with me..0439044842. If however, you decide to behave like most normal people, given the chance, and roll over for yet a bit more slumber, have a good day.
                                                                                       Enjoy and stay safe.......from the Ducati owners group member who rides a Suzuki(not strange at all)........ Julie

Offline Brian

• Doggie
« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2008, 06:12 PM »
G'day everyone!

Hope you Doggies are coming thru the fabulous town of Paterson on Sunday ? because I will be ready and waiting! If someone would like to give me a call before you leave Freemans Waterhole it would be great!

Regards Brian

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2008, 10:52 PM »
G'day Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that we have the February club ride set for this Sunday, February 17.  At this stage the forecast is goggles, snorkel and flippers rather than helmet and goggles, so I'm guessing that there was some confusion regarding just what sort of Ducs we're riding.

More Stuart weather I'm afraid, but hey, we'll see how it pans out.

Look forward to seeing you there ( unless is belting down, in which case, you can rest assured that I'll still be in bed ).

See you Sunday.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

BruceC

« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2008, 05:00 PM »
The Motorcycle Museum sounds good, put me down as a participant if the ride doe's change.

Regards, Bruce

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
Club Ride - February 2008
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2008, 02:51 PM »
G'day,

Don't forget we have a club ride coming up on February 17, currently with a view to visiting Thunderbolt's Lookout.

Is anyone interested in varying the route to take in the Motorcycle Museum at Nabiac, or do we want to make this a separate trip ( maybe even the return leg of a weekend ride taking in the Oxley )?

Suggestions ?  Comments ?

See you on the 17th.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi