Author Topic: NDR 2007 - 16-18/03/07 near Canberra  (Read 6006 times)

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
Re: NDR 2007 - 16-18/03/07 near Canberra
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2012, 12:43 PM »
Ive only seen my approach to my last ride ever that's taken nearly everything from me except my good looks, personality and charm but has doubled the size of my kennel that some of you have seen inside of and will see if you come to watch some movies with me someday not to forget to mention me turning 40 this September luckily if you can call becoming middle aged lucky :'( but at least i can and I'm nearly walking % 100 by myself even though Ive been told by numerous folks ill always be in my chair but i intend to prove them wrong!!!! 8) I'm sorry i also stayed home from the dogs breakfast but i hope the rest of you doggies went without me!!
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Dancing Like a Wild Thing - The Real Story!!!
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2012, 05:18 PM »
As you can see some years later I have come across this post below and had a WTF moment and edited it.

I know very well what happened on that Yarramalong corner entry near miss, it is emblazoned in my mind for all time. Except that I forgot which way I was going so when I edited the post I stuffed it up so edited it right back to where it came from, exactly like I wished this idiot driver had done before I got there!!!

To figure that I had indeed stuffed up (unbelievable I know, but there you go!) I reviewed the GPS tracking log and viewed it on Google Earth street view and thought that didn't match the pictures tattooed in my brain, THEN figured out it was because I was going the other way and sometime down the years I have done a switcheroo in my head. So now I am reliving it again I have copied out some of those Google pics just to paint a picture here. Obviously this is a recreation!

The pics are useful, but they don't really do it justice -  this puppy in the Subie was in my lap with about 20m to go and a closing speed over 160 clicks. That is about half a second to impact if you do the maths, in which time I had to go from turning right to turning left so the oncoming corner stuffing car could pass without me in his bonnet - you see the problem here now......?

I count this sucker as my luckiest escape ever, it is not like I will ever forget the details!!!! But how I managed to switch them round in my head is a total mystery, thank gawd for clear evidence.

Don't try this at home.......!

Edit, to make it easier to read here is a copy paste of the post below:
The first incident was the Hunter DOG's Feb club ride (18/02/07). We were heading to Catho Pub via Bumble Hill and Yarramalong, I know this road pretty well. Heading out of Yarramalong I passed an old Norton on the straight immediately as the 60km zone finishes, there is a beaut right hander at the end of this, marked 45km/hr. Regardless that the primary problem was to be the oncoming car, in order to set the situation up I had to participate with stuff-ups of my own. First, I "knew" the corner was better than 45 and was quite happy to enter at race pace (double + 30) (who said that, this was an 80 zone!). So, fully gassed up in third and tipped in to boogie with a beaut right hander, on entering the corner what I hadn't realised is that unusually here, the dense forest in this area comes right up to the inside verge of the corner, and totally blocks the view of oncoming vehicles.

Normally this isn't a drama, I am happy to enjoy cornering to the Ducati-max, but always stay fully on my side of the road - and normally the cars play this game too. But here comes a maroon '80's Subaru station wagon with everything squealing and crossed up way over on my side (at least 2', probably more!), the front corner of the car heading straight for my front wheel. Bring on the reflexes and whop, up she goes, hard left turn needed NOW, brake setup auto-starts. Yes, good - the wheel is gunna miss, but in super slow motion the bonnet is heading for the R/H fairing as she is slowly standing up. Yay, fairing clear - but sheet the mirrors are going to hit each other (preceded as I worked out later by the windscreen flipping my handlebars skyward). The bonnet was UNDER the mirror at this stage! But hooray, mirrors missed and the car passes behind somewhere.

So I find myself taking a hard left at ridiculous speed into a right hander and do what I can with the anchors, but trickle over the verge at about 40km/hr. I bounced around in the adjacent orchard for a while before limping back onto the road - followed by an adrenaline charged wheelie the length of the ensuing straight! The following doggies (who missed the action courtesy of a 4WD that pulled out at the bottom of Bumble Hill) saw the Norton rider stopped at corner exit and greatly shaken, and that the mongrel in the car hadn't stopped. It was a loooong rest in the sunshine at the Catho pub afterwards for this lucky duc!
« Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 12:05 PM by VinceS »
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Dancing Like a Wild Thing - Times 2!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2007, 12:26 PM »
As many would know we keep up close relations with our friends at NSWDOC, indeed I am still a full member of that club. I had been asked to write up a tale of the NDR trip prang for the Mota Duca, and had been a little reluctant to do so until I understood WHY I had this prang. Finally coming home from the B.I.G. ride in July it all came together, this is the real story now finally submitted:

Dancing Like a Wild Thing - Times 2!

My gawd these Ducatis dance well! In February I was nearly wiped off the face of the planet by a head on with a car way on my side of the road. My reward for getting out of deep sheet there was I get to live the rest of my life. Plus a halo effect of cheating certain death without so much as a scratch and thinking maybe after 57,000km on this bike I've had my last prang now? Pride before a fall! One month later on the way to the Canberra NDR we're off dancing with the scenery again, this time the result was me turning up at Rydges Resort on what was soon to be described as "a smashed crab". My reward was to take the hard luck story plaque home, believe me these things are not worth winning! Oh, and a great rap for Shannons Insurance who were fantastic.

The first incident was the Hunter DOG's Feb club ride. We were heading to Catho Pub via Bumble Hill and Yarramalong, I know this road pretty well. Heading out of Yarramalong I passed an old Norton on the straight immediately as the 60km zone finishes, there is a beaut right hander at the end of this, marked 45km/hr. Regardless that the primary problem was to be the oncoming car, in order to set the situation up I had to participate with stuff-ups of my own. First, I "knew" the corner was better than 45 and was quite happy to enter at race pace (double + 30) (who said that, this was an 80 zone!). So, fully gassed up in third and tipped in to boogie with a beaut right hander, on entering the corner what I hadn't realised is that unusually here, the dense forest in this area comes right up to the inside verge of the corner, and totally blocks the view of oncoming vehicles.

Normally this isn't a drama, I am happy to enjoy cornering to the Ducati-max, but always stay fully on my side of the road - and normally the cars play this game too. But here comes a maroon '80's Subaru station wagon with everything squealing and crossed up way over on my side (at least 2', probably more!), the front corner of the car heading straight for my front wheel. Bring on the reflexes and whop, up she goes, hard left turn needed NOW, brake setup auto-starts. Yes, good - the wheel is gunna miss, but in super slow motion the bonnet is heading for the R/H fairing as she is slowly standing up. Yay, fairing clear - but sheet the mirrors are going to hit each other (preceded as I worked out later by the windscreen flipping my handlebars skyward). The bonnet was UNDER the mirror at this stage! But hooray, mirrors missed and the car passes behind somewhere.

So I find myself taking a hard left at ridiculous speed into a right hander and do what I can with the anchors, but trickle over the verge at about 40km/hr. I bounced around in the adjacent orchard for a while before limping back onto the road - followed by an adrenaline charged wheelie the length of the ensuing straight! The following doggies (who missed the action courtesy of a 4WD that pulled out at the bottom of Bumble Hill) saw the Norton rider stopped at corner exit and greatly shaken, and that the mongrel in the car hadn't stopped. It was a loooong rest in the sunshine at the Catho pub afterwards for this lucky duc!

Still thanking my lucky stars for that narrow escape, a month later we set off for NDR from Newcastle on Friday 16/03/07. We had tried to entice a Sydney contingent to join us down the fabulous roads via Oberon but only got one taker - as the rest were keen to follow a local radio jockey star down the twisty-less front roads, very Ducati-bizarre we thought! Having enjoyed the fantastic open sweepers of the road to Oberon we set out down the Goulburn Rd with slight trepidation after lunch as we knew there were 2 short dirt sections remaining. The Shire engr told us they would be tarred during the year, but they would make sure they were graded prior to our arrival!

The road was brilliant, just sweeper after sweeper and clean as with little traffic. The first dirt section was about 1.5km and a bit bumpy - pretty straightforward but I have seen better. After that came the delightful run down into the Abercrombie River, newly tarred road in excellent condition - if a little narrower than the sweepers we had just been on. On the ascent section from the river I was mindful of the upcoming dirt somewhere ahead and wanted to bunch us all together again. So 1.5km after the river I was nearing the end of a bit of a straight and gawking in my rear vision mirror looking for signs of the next bike to turn up while approaching a gentle left hand bend, and suddenly I was aware I was falling over, had NO idea why but knew there was no return, at about the same moment I got a view of my front wheel that should have been impossible when riding!

While my attention had been diverted from the road ahead I had arrived at a wide patch of well disguised black sand and proceeded to slip over totally unawares, since studying the images in the mirror is not a recipe for good balance awareness, and having new tyres made no difference! I did not have a clue at the time why I was headed for the ground, and it was only weeks after it all gelled. The GPS told me later I was pitched towards Mother Earth at 105km/hr. All I knew was my face seemed to be getting ground away despite having a full face helmet on - it turned out the visor flipped up and was raking gravel into the helmet at a fearsome rate. It also appears the bike ran over my left leg as it went for a 100m dash into the bush - it flipped over and must have bounced a dizzying height in order to tear off the front engine mount as it did. Somehow the bike's left side never actually hit the tarmac despite falling that way.

However, short story, I had a bit of a sore knee and we dragged the wreck out of the bush, including most of the bits sprinkled about in a 50m circle. No go, but one screw to remove the right fairing, plug the computer back in and she fired up. Didn't know about the broken engine mount then and that the engine had fallen approx 4cm with only a bit of lug left one end to hold it up - but we were wondering why we couldn't get the air inlets to clip back to the injectors....? Total delay was 1.5 hours and we were on our way again, the second stretch of dirt was like brown tar so no worries there, we rode the remaining 250km to Canberra which we made in good time. Check the pics here for the long story http://hunterdog.org.au/Gallery/categories.php?cat_id=36.

On Saturday we rode into Canberra's Civic Centre with about 150 other "not-pranged-in-the-last-24hrs" Ducs for a Concourse (where I won the award) and on to the Cottrell dam social ride, well the first 35km of it anyway. I started hearing this snicking noise every time I hit a little bump after leaving Canberra, then finally the throttle didn't go back to zero. I thought it was the squished muffler hitting the swing arm and stopped to pull it off and pulled at the throttle cable while I was there, thereby liberating a bit of it from the headstock and the problem went away for a couple of km. But it turned out I was progressively doing a cruiser conversion as the bars were getting closer to me, the snicking noise got louder and the throttle revved up again - due to the lack of slack as the frame had nearly cracked through on both sides and the engine was actually scraping on the ground! Sheeeeeet!

With the wisdom of hindsight the death blow was the respectable little mono I chucked in Civic centre for the benefit of this guy who was running alongside with his video camera getting footage of an absolutely wrecked bike riding away (Ducati riders should never waste an audience!) It landed gently but the throttle revved up until I pulled at the cable. This was handy from the perspective that a 600km trip home was just bound to be interrupted by the latent damage somewhere along the line so at least that was avoided, despite the greater inconvenience that then ensued dealing with the wreck.

Once the frame cracking was discovered I parked the bike where it was on the way to the dam rather than risk a full snapping - as even riding gingerly at 30km/hr back to Canberra as I just didn't want to find out what that might look like in the flesh! So we eventually chucked all the gear on Frances' Monster and I doubled her home, it was quite a Ducati-nice weekend apart from the "shit happens" part in the middle of the whole experience.

Apart from the aching knee the whole prang thing turned out to be a profitable exercise. 35,000km taken off the bike courtesy of a second hand ST4S in good nick, almost all the stone chips gone again, same set-up except better in a couple of regards (eg now have Oxford heated grips which are much better, plus a Ventura rack since I didn't like the mass of the Ducati top box hanging out past the back wheel - and I am suspecting this was a factor in me getting exactly no choice / opportunity to save this prang while it was happening as it did waggle the bike quite badly at times). New helmet, jacket & boots and a few hundred bucks to spare, but I would still much rather not have pranged. I am really impressed with how Shannons handled the whole thing. I hope to give it back to them in premiums for a very long time to come, they didn't even hit me up for more since I have a lifetime maximum no claim bonus.

I'm now hoping for another long purple patch! And the prospect of using the wreck to build a race bike to play with some time, when the new shed (c/w house!) is built next year......Vince Sunter
« Last Edit: 04 May 2012, 06:37 PM by VinceS »
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2007, 12:28 AM »
OK, Here is a ride report:

Four Ducatis set out from Freemans Waterhole for Wisemans Ferry in glorious weather on 16/03/07 and soon we were six. Brian, Rob, Russell, Dorian, Frances & myself took the scenic route via Wisemans, Bells Line, that fantastic Oberon Rd and then down an equally brilliant bit of open twisty stuff as we ventured down the Oberon to Goulburn Rd. Unfortunately after crossing the Abercrombie River I was going along very sedately (yes, true) when I found a well disguised patch of sand running down the middle of the road and the bike went down like a ton of bricks - and then took off into the bush to see how many pieces it could tear itself into, it was quite a lot!

Fortunately the Draggin jeans, hat and leather jacket did their job and I just copped a bit of a bruising. An hour and a half later we had scraped together as many bits as we could find and were on our way. I gotta say I thought my days of pranging bikes were over - 57,000km on this one and the only thing apart from stone chips was a "snicked the mirror on the garage wall" scratch. After this bit of "shit happens" we rode the remaining pleasant 250km to Canberra without incident, the countryside round the back of Lake George really is quite pleasant.

Saturday and it was off to Civic Centre for a Concourse to show off our Ducatis to the populace and then on to Cottrell Dam for a social ride which I got 35km on and found the frame had been damaged and things started moving in unhappy ways. At the NDR dinner I wound up with the hard luck award, first ever Concourse win - I am expecting that will be enough of them thanks! With the ST4S looking like a write off it got left in Canberra and we squeezed all our gear on the Monster for the double home, after rounding up a tyre to make sure we made it.

The rest of the NDR, glitch aside, was a really good experience. Full marks to the Canberra DOC for the excellent job they did of pulling the event together. Lots of nice bikes, great people and good things to do, a popular one was to get the Motul Buff Girls to personally polish your special machinery at the Concourse. Howls of dismay were heard from the largish contingent of lady riders who are looking for equal rights at the next (NSWDOC) NDR - so expect to make way for Buff Boys at that event!

Actually, on that topic Frances has a couple of things to say: "Congratulations to all those involved in the 2007 NDR in Canberra - A job VERY WELL DONE. On this wet & windy Good Friday morning, I've taken the liberty to put down a few thoughts about the 2008 NDR. I hope that the 2008 organising committee finds them of use!!! PLEASE enjoy  .....  but WARNING-:  Adult pictures & Non-Ducati Motorcycles contained within the following 3Mb file  ; -)   http://hunterdog.org.au/GeneralInfo/Amusing/NDR2007-2008-TheFuture.pps

As well as the fantastic work done by the Canberra DOC, NFI went to extra trouble to make this NDR a very special event with all the test ride machinery including a 1098 for a lucky handful to try, plus a Hypermotard on display too. I was disappointed that I somehow managed to miss this in all the other floofing around as I like the idea of these things and want to put one in the garage some day!

There are a whole bunch of photos from the weekend's activities here for your amusement: http://hunterdog.org.au/Gallery/categories.php?cat_id=36 unfortunately the camera broke just before the main dinner started so the pics stop at the doorway! However I have particularly included a few extras of the prang so you can enjoy the blood and gore / detailed dismay of someone else's prang without having to be surrounded by the dirty job of sorting out the resulting mess! I also put selected photos telling the story of the prang together into a single file here: www.HunterDOGs.org\images\Vince'sNationalDucatiRally2007ConcourseAward.pdf (1.5Mb), as much to tell the tale briefly as to show how ridiculously easy it is to end up where I went.

Still, it's all good - this was only a small wobble in an otherwise good weekend, it cost 1.5 hour delay and a bit of stuffing around. A replacement ST4S has turned up in the garage now with less than half the k's and 1/10th the stone chips, you little ripper! It has been taken out for a most satisfactory "maiden" run to Lake St Clair last Sunday - now I just need to get into all those little mods that make a truly great bike even better! I have bought the wreck back so this will be easier to do.

And let me just say that I am astonished at how brilliantly everything has been handled by Shannons - nothing is ever perfect but if I had the tiniest little question they just sorted it out quickly and fairly, and one could even say generously! They have a maximum no claim bonus guaranteed for life (after 3 years on max), which I have qualified for. Whilst that means I will be keeping my insurance with them, considering the excellent service I have received I am very happy to do so regardless of the incentive. But I sure do hope to be doing nothing other than paying it back by way of premiums, for the next few decades anyway.....!

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2007, 10:39 AM »
Well it's nearly here, NDR that is. Off to Canberra via some interesting back roads to enjoy the road less travelled. This of course is the monthly club ride day but there will be no formal club ride since the lucky ones that could take Friday off will be off enjoying the ride home from NDR. It isn't too late to decide to join us if you like, so far I know 5 Ducs (4 boys, 1 lady) are leaving from up here for another fantastic Ducati adventure. I just checked the Rydges Resort website and it says they still have vacancies, but you would need to ring them on (02) 6241 6033 to arrange. For information or to register, visit www.cddc.org.au/NDR/ndrhome.html or call 02 6282 7109 or 02 6241 1599.

The Newcastle contingent will be leaving for NDR and a fantastic day's riding this Friday, 530km in all. We will be going via Wisemans Ferry, Sackville ferry, east Kurrajong, Bells Line and that magnificent road to Oberon for lunch, then down the newly tarred road to Goulburn which still has a short unsealed section on it. I rang the Director of Works early this week to make sure the last bit of dirt is beautifully graded in time for our arrival, he is completely fine with that so we are GO! From Goulburn it is round the back of Lake George and should easily be there by 5:30pm in plenty of time for the official bbq at 7pm. This is a lot more enjoyable day's riding than the Sutherland departure which they tell me is an expected 2-2:30pm arrival, and I'm expecting that quite a few of our southern friends in the Sydney crowd will be similarly inclined so I will shortly invite them to join us at Ebenezer. I know of at least 1 Duc joining us there already.

Departure & Pick-up Point details:
7:30am sharp departure from Freemans Waterhole
8:10am approx pick-up at Mangrove Mountain where Russell will join the group
9:50am approx arrive Ebenezer for fuel & pick-up, we should be right to leave about 10am

Rain Plan is to still go to Wisemans and Ebenezer, but then if we are worried about it we might cut around the back of Penrith to Mulgoa, The Oaks and Bundanoon to Goulburn and decide which side of Lake George to travel on depending on the time / weather.

If you wish to join us, please let me know on 0414 706 875. You can see details of route and pick-up points below:

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Well, here is some news just in - it seems the Sydney contingent has opted for the relatively quiet ride down with maybe a bit of publicity en route. My experience is that it is better to have a quiet ride back and make the most of the ride down, being followed by a "rest" day as it usually is in practice. This is the announcement from NFI:

Merrick Watts to Lead NSW Ride to National Ducati Rally

It's no secret that the Sydney/Australia morning show host (NOVA 96.9 Merrick & Rosso show) loves motorcycles and Ducati's. He's thrown a leg over every Ducati model and hit the road for a fantastic ride during his 4-year relationship with NF Importers and the Ducati brand.

In 2007, as Merrick hits the road for his national comedy tour, he'll take time out to lead Australia's largest Ducati Owners Club (DOC NSW) to the National Ducati Rally hosted in Canberra, ACT March 16th, 17th and 18th (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

In coordination with long-time DOC NSW President Di Scaysbrook, Merrick will ride the scenic back roads to Goulburn, through to Crookwell for lunch. The ride continues on through Gunning and Sutton to Canberra arriving at Rydges Eaglehawk Resort, host to the NDR. There is an afternoon of activities and an evening BBQ planned for Friday. Saturday is event filled followed by an evening Gala.

ALL Ducati owners are invited to participate in the ride to Canberra. Meet at "Uncle Leo's Roadhouse" Ampol Service Station, Casula, on Friday the 16th, at 7.30 am for an8 am departure.

Please note: you may book your accommodation at the Rydges Resort, Eaglehawk on 1800 651 543 at a special Ducati NDR rate. Full details are available on the CDDC website www.cddc.org.au or Contact DOC NSW President Di Scaysbrook 0409 421 594 or John Wilson 0415 948 946 .

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2007, 11:47 PM »
OK, the details are starting to roll in. It is looking like there will be a Newcastle contingent making a day of it, there are at least 4 Ducatis going down I know of and I suspect a couple more are close to taking the day off too! I was just talking to Peter Fordham of Frasers and he is thinking of throwing some support behind it - we will talk about the details on the bus trip to the 1098 launch in a fortnight, undoubtedly there will be a few more Novocastrian Ducatisti decide to come along from that. There is no reason we can't blitz the attendance records and get together a serious contingent to the NDR, why should only a few people have all the fun???

It seems we will be going down via the fabulous road to Oberon since we have had confirmation that the scenic road from Oberon to Goulburn has been tarred to a high standard (possibly there will be 5km still in a hard packed ready for finishing condition but we are assured by a very recent traveller that the road is in excellent condition right now as the last little bit is being finished, whether they get to it before we go through or not). Apparently there is a very delightful river valley road section to enjoy. With the advent of this news the Sydney group is now considering going this way in lieu of the Crookwell detour.

The below attached 533Kb file shows the programme of events and ride details, plus we just received this publicity notice via NFI:

Canberra District Ducati Club and the Australian Capital Territory welcome the National Ducati Rally this March.

The rally will continue the strong Ducatisti traditions established long ago by committed Ducati owners in Australia. “This is the ideal environment to reveal what NDR is all about:  a weekend together enjoying the common excitement and fun of the Ducati brand and fellow Ducatisti,” said NF Importers General Manager Warren Lee.  “The NDR has a long history in Australia. Together with a Ducati Owners Club, each year in a different Australian location, we host a rally. This ensures a new experience for new and lifelong Ducatisti to ride and explore different parts of our country.”

The Canberra National Ducati Rally opens at noon on Friday the 16th of March at the Rydges Eagle Hawk Resort. (Special rates have been arranged for this event). Participants can enjoy Ducati test rides, trade stalls, and camaraderie until the BBQ dinner begins at 7:00 p.m. Lucky door prizes will be drawn at 8:30 p.m.

Canberra District Ducati Club are thrilled to announce a new addition to NDR - the Western QBE Supercruise.  Created to draw attention to the passion of the Ducatisti for motorcycling, the Supercruise will feature all attending Ducati motorcycles leaving NDR HQ Rydges Eagle Hawk at 9:30 a.m. traveling in convoy up Canberra’s main thoroughfare. The Supercruise will arrive into Canberra Central Piazza (Garema Place) around 10:00 a.m. where additional classic Ducati’s will be on display all together through noon.

Saturday’s big events include the Western QBE Supercruise, three different group rides to choose from (3 Peaks, Cotter Loop or Gunning), afternoon workshops and demonstrations, a 5:30 group photo followed by a Gala Dinner at 7 p.m.

The weekend closes Sunday morning with breakfast and a momento photo shoot before everyone rides home in the sunshine.

“This year our sincere thanks go do Canberra District Ducati Club for hosting the 2007 rally,“ Lee added. “In 2000, this club successfully launched the ‘new’ style of the NDR that continues to improve once again. We look forward to seeing you in Canberra for a great weekend in our nation’s capital.”

For information or to register, visit www.cddc.org.au or call 02 6282 7109 or 02 6241 1599.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 12:42 PM by Cyber Dog »

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
NDR 2007 - 16-18/03/07 near Canberra
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2007, 11:53 PM »
Have you seen what can happen to a Ducati person on NDR? Here's Scott's tale from last year ;D: http://hunterdog.org.au/DiscussionBoard/index.php?topic=55.0

The 2007 event won't be such a biggie :P, given it is much closer to home - but it will be as much fun :D! Frances and I are booked in so that's a Monster and an ST4S that will be going for sure. Here's an extract from the newsletter that just got issued:

Another fantastic event you should consider now is the National Ducati Rally, full details available at http://www.cddc.org.au/NDR/ndrhome.html. This event is coming up on 16-18th March and you need to get your booking and registration sorted out soon to make sure you don't miss out. There will be more details of whatever the Newcastle contingent is doing turn up here http://hunterdog.org.au/Calendar/view_entry.php?id=73&date=20070316 as we get closer to the event, but this gives you an idea for now. I would have to say that last year Scott and I ended up riding down together to the Beechworth NDR in Victoria and this was one of our personally most memorable ever riding holidays. It is well worth it if you can get away, love to see you there too :).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 500 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which part of a Ducati is a Desmoquatro? (m...r):
What colour is the Pirelli on a red Ducati?:
What are the two letters following the engine size in the legendary Ducati 900SS?: