Author Topic: Hunter Ducati Owners Group AGM 2018  (Read 948 times)

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
Re: Hunter Ducati Owners Group AGM 2018
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 2018, 07:54 PM »
Some sad news is my mate who could have supplied us our bbq meat at cost price has moved to south Australia now and ive not checked if my bbq is operational still but good news is i still have a large fully resecreened deck for us all to sit and scratch on comfotrably!!
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2018, 12:36 PM »
I have personally loved and agreed with what you have both written to me and the BBQ idea you had vince that im willing to host this at my house on my deck is the face to face preference you have Brett and I dont mind where we have it as long as its accessible by wheelchair and I can hopefully still get either some sausages or meat at cost price from my friend who privides it for most of the butchers shops etc in the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter region areas!! I'm also currently dealing with the idea that my dads not going to be with us much longer due to finding out hes got cancer and his doctors given him until september to live  :'(  But I'm up for whatever we can do and as much as I would love to be out riding on a Ducati with you all A I'm in too much debt to even afford a Ducati or what the leppers of the world are riding and B I'm now permanently retarded / wheelchair bound for life according to my physiotherapist and a new Nuerophysio they have given me who in my opinion is hopeless not even walking 4 steps with me instead of the 400M + my normal physio Sarah does every week with me!!

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2018, 07:06 PM »
In my humble opinion, you're both right, and both wrong...but that's because the world turned and we haven't.

People consume data differently to the way we did when we built this, and reaching them is obviously the only priority.

The cliche of social media is real, because people are lazy and have become accustomed to relevance being delivered to them, not sought out by them.

Dinosaurs like me love forums, but FB-ing, IG-ing, SC-ing etc, own an audience that have never heard of forums.

Relevant data is in their face, calendar and mind all at once and without any effort, from them.

Busy people expect this, as do I.

Also, activity breeds activity, and if we put as much effort into actually doing something ( anything ) bike related, as we do talking about why it can't / won't happen, it just might.

Your new audience knows or cares as much about firm handshakes and eye contact, as they do about valve lapping, or tyre pressures on a wet track, but that doesn't matter.

I think that its a 'build it and they will come', if that's what you're after ?

Personally, I prefer riding much more than talking about it, but at the same time I'm more than happy to listen...except to whinging.

My suggestion(s) would be to look at the options of increasing our social media profile, as I'm sure anything will be higher than trying to find this web site these days, let alone the forum, and who knows, it may even save a dollar and some effort.

Happy to bore you to death with more baseless criticism in person, but given no one reads this, except us, let me know what works for both of you ?

Be good. Speak soon.
Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Re: Hunter Ducati Owners Drama Class, a New Conductor?
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jun 2018, 06:38 PM »
Ooh, was that the sound of a volunteer. Even a cracked up one would be a beauty!

Then maybe I wouldn't have to scare (very lovely) 70 year olds on 600cc Yamahahaha's into using corners like their maker intended, as I was doing yesterday. Well I closed up to get better shots, then figured this could be 'pressure' so dropped back, problem solved. With love, from Sandy Ck Rd: https://youtu.be/HYmZFzP9bmE

Now, about that face to face volunteering thing...?
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline Brett

• Pack Leader
    • Hunter Ducati Owner's Group
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2018, 06:20 PM »
I've never met two more kindred spirits with such a ravenous appetite for drama, dismay and tales of whoa, as you two...you crack me up...

Mvlti svnt vocati, pavci vero electi

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Not sure Scott if you are joking, not reading, or enjoying a happy chunk of denial? Until a few people put their hands up to get this good thing rolling again there is no bbq. People may want to participate if asked nicely, and they like the idea of being part of getting a decent Ducati focused interest group cracking. This needs to happen face to face, not over the internet. At least not until we have a roll on, then the web is a great tool.

Magic does happen, but not without persistence, hard work, effort, elbow grease. You know, and more of that kinda stuff. So, Wheredya geddit? seems to be 'The Big Question'... I've done bugger all, so am not planning a bbq just yet. Or any time soon. But that's just me. Who else wants to get into it, and find those participants?
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2018, 05:18 PM »
So did we have a date with enough time for me to organise enough snags for everyones lunch so I can get them ordered with my friend in time and then hopefully someone else can handle the coles brand hotdog roles and I will load them with eitheer flavour of sauce for you!!! I will need to find out if my bbq is in service but im sure it is but if i know i will have time to check it out offficially & find a replacement if necessary!!! :P
Can everyone reply to help me with numbers and that means you reading this  8)

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2018, 12:39 PM »
Sounds like a great start and instead of the horse we can hook the carriage up to the back of my new wheelchair as its more powerful than a 1398 Panigale (the one I raced didn't have a rider or petrol though)

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Re: Hunter Ducati Owners Group AGM 2018 - Carts 'n Horses...
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2018, 03:39 PM »
BBQ extraordinaire - tick (promised)
Lovely suitable venue - tick (got it)
Marvelous Meat for the Masses - tick (promised)

That is the most Magnificent CART I ever did see!

So, how's the plan for the HORSE coming along:

6+ Keen, interested Ducati riding attendees - unticked (no promises...)

This horse SO needs to come before the cart.

I only picked 6 because that's what we had last time when we kicked off. Given we didn't quite get longevity since 3 moved out of the area for their circumstances and one struggled interminably with indecision about the best way of passing a petrol station and never really did pull it off, maybe a goal of an inaugural 10 would be better???

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2018, 03:16 PM »
Then I will have my most able care giver take a look at my bbq and get it running hot and I can also contact my friend who owns a large meat wholesale company to put a deal together for us and put the show on how it should be done!!!

i'll let you know asap my friends!!!

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
Hi Scott,

The club is in caretaker mode, until such times as 3 or 4 fellow Ducati riders put their hands up and say 'let's get this club rocking again'. And we will. So there is no AGM.

What you used to do is contact people directly (in the many ways you found), and get a few to personally say they would turn up. They did, and a great time was had by all. Simple. And this would still work.

But believing that writing posts to a low - activity blog will get people to do anything, like write their riding stories, is delusional. Unfortunately. You need to do something that is not that, unless doing something that can only possibly bring you disappointment is what you need; how could that be?

If, for example, you were in at Fraser's every weekend and revving everyone up that had a Ducati in their life to get involved in getting a friendly Ducati riding club going again, there at least is a possible pathway to success. Eg you collect email addresses and mobile ph numbers of willing participants and then, when you have enough (6 or more), pick a Sunday in ~2 weeks and have that bbq at your place. Send an email with the proposed date and ring each one up first before you lock it in, unless they emailed you back already. THAT is how you do something that will get you to at least have part of what you once so-loved back in your life. Pretty good for all involved, actually - I'd be there!

And once you have set a bbq date up I will happily let the full 200+ email list of people registered on this forum know we are giving getting it going again a red hot go!

I am just saying Scottie that doing more of the same (pointless posts) is not the way to get what you would like to happen. You need to be doing something else to get that outcome, or totally do something else!!! We will understand, whatever you decide. Just don't keep doing these disappointing posts to you (and me with the auto-notify of everything turned on!). Thank you.

PS: For anyone else reading this, Scottie has a particular perspective to bring to the idea but you, me or anyone could do this. It's not that bloody hard, surely.....

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
Hunter Ducati Owners Group AGM 2018
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2018, 02:24 PM »
I'm not sure if you have read it like I just have but our AGM is on 1/7/2018 at the same place as our monthly club breakfast so come on folks lets make a morning of it and share our Ducati loving company, Ducati love, assorted Ducati bikes ridden to it weather permitting & some good food cooked by someone else who will also clean it up for us and then we can have some discussions about what good things we can put in place to bring this club what you all deserve & this needs to happen for you so please come and share your ideas or desires or events to go to or weekend rides away to places with some desirable twisty turns on good maintained sealed roads and I want to spend time with you others with the same desire, passion & love of our brand!!!!

And then after a few of you might like to get together and take your sweet rides out ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Desmoquatros have how many valves per cylinder?:
Which arm on a Ducati holds the back wheel on? (first word s...g):
How many riders can a Ducati 1198 Panigale fit comfortably?: