Author Topic: Website problems  (Read 587 times)

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Re: Website problems
« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2017, 08:24 AM »
Scottie, lovely to see your enthusiasm, but we need a few more people on board to kick start things again. Find them and hey presto, good things will start happening again.
The‚Äč notes and links on the main website ARE important, and pretending / wishing it was different does not make it so. eg it says very plainly that the What's On is not being updated, so there is not a job to do until a few real motorcycle riders (Ducatisti) make it their desire to see something happen in this space.

Writing notes on this forum is not going to be the way anything changes in this space. Organising and publicising appropriate events is how it will change. Which real people need to do, and I have  too much going on to contemplate that. Personaly I think it will happen when we can get access of some kind to Circuit Italia. I will drive that, as soon as there is a legitimate way to do so. Which I would hope will be in 2018 some time.
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
  • Let's go for a ride soon, I'm up for it - how about you?
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2017, 11:27 AM »
I also just noticed that our whats on isn't being updated anymore Vince so if this is something you can show me how to maintain and our club members can let me know whats on or what they think we need to be doing i have enough time on hand to update this to inspire those of us with a V twin in our hearts to rev things up more and getting the dogs to stand back up on our back legs and ride again together!!!!
Ducati is number 1, all others are number 2 or lower

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2017, 09:29 AM »
Thanks Vince i thought it was just being related to me made everything fall apart but thanks to you its on the mend now so hopefully our many members could start to make the same effort as us to be in attendance for any of the clubs activities not that i can talk after taking 10 years off all of the club rides apart from the few that i met you all for lunch etc and the 2 or 3 breakfasts i could afford to make it along to when i was either met by 1 or 2 of you or the other few times when it was only me there, so im putting this out to ALL  of our tremendous clubs members that our club was founded by us for you and me to enjoy the like minded company of each other for us to enjoy our rides & each others company and im pretty sure you are all financial members so please take part so you can enjoy your fine Ducati motorcycles and help me in any way with Vince to bring it back to its former glory even just by replying to anything you are reading about to indicate to me that you're interested in riding your Ducati.

PS if you have any ideas on what i need to do or what the club can be doing i.e. ride destinations, weekend or weeks away together please either post it back here or you can email myself "TopDog" or Vince or Brett or Glenn or Cheryl or anyone who you know who can help me to make good things happen in our club again?

Sorry what is it you wanted to do dont turn your computer off get straight to that email you wanted to write to voice your opinion!!!

Offline VinceS

• Pack Leader
  • Gotta enjoy the ups in life, let's go for a ride!
    • Hunter Ducati Owners Group Inc
Re: Website problems - cured!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2017, 11:12 AM »
Hi Scottie,

You would not believe the problems I had with this website changeover. The most notable one was all pictures were missing from old posts. Smileys too and some other stuff I forget. That is all fixed up now with one exception which is that Yahoo Instant Messaging was broken by Yahoo, some time back, which I now noticed. Until (or if ever) they fix it so third party apps like an smf forum can use it (presumably they want their advertising to show and perhaps others don't let it?) it is turned off. Some of the diagnosis work can be seen here. What it came down to was MySQL database paths had not correctly transferred over and smf forums couldn't run properly on the latest version of smf. Nor could the galleries or calendar for that matter, all of which are now fixed in case they are ever useful again!

The icons issue is I went too far and tried tidying up all the old FrontPage 2003 stuff so moved what seemed like redundant files to a temporary directory. I put them all back now as am not going to have the struggle to find out which ones were needed, obviously some of them were doing something so am going with "this bit ain't broke so I won't fix it!"....!!!!
Vince Sunter  ( I'm ready, how about you? ); Check out these Riding Tips: http://tinyurl.com/4x3fk43 ;   Pillioning Tips: http://tinyurl.com/3r5dbz4

Offline TopDOG

• Pack Leader
Website problems
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2017, 07:42 PM »
is anyone else not seeing the icons on our home page?